- Mostly everybody has heard about Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning. Chatbot is a small part of this huge process. The popularity of messengers is growing all the time so that necessity of chatbots is increasing as well. What are the benefits of the chatbots and why they are such a perspective?
Chatbot: what is it and how it works?
According to Techopedia, “A chatbot is an artificial intelligence (AI) program that simulates interactive human conversation by using key pre-calculated user phrases and auditory or text-based signals.”
“A chatbot is also known as an artificial conversational entity (ACE), chat robot, talk bot, chatterbot or chatterbox.”
In other words, chatbot is an online communication assistant that provides support and necessary information 24/7. There are two groups of chatterbots: simple chatbots, that are working in accordance with pre-prepared commands and smart or advanced chatbots, that are trained.
The history of chatterbots began from Eliza and Parry. Eliza was written in 1966 by Joseph Weizenbaum, and Parry was implemented in 1972 by psychiatrist Kenneth Colby. While Eliza was a doctor, Parry simulated a schizophrenic. Sometimes Eliza confused people and wasn’t so good in understanding, but people had a good impression of her. By the way, Eliza and Parry had a conversation with each other.
How scientists determine the thinking possibility of the chatbots? In 1990s was developed a Turing test, that can identify who was a partner in conversation – person or a machine. Turing test is conducted today and many of the chatterbots have passed it. For example, Eliza.
Benefits for the business:
- Automation of the daily business processes;
- Possibility of multitasking work;
- Cost savings;
- 24/7 help and support that leads to the customers’ loyalty;
- High – level of productivity, because chatbots can assist and provide information in quick and efficient way;
- Lead generation. Chatbots can make your lead generation better and rise your ROI with the connection to your CRM platform. Chatbot should be rightly integrated into your business system and processes – that’s will help to make your consumers satisfied and loyal.
- Analytics of consumers’ data. Chatbots help to gain and analyze the data and insights of the customers. As a result, the products and services can be more targeted and personalized.
Benefits for the customers:
- Entertainment and Engagement. Chatbot is a curious thing for a lot of people, that help to pass the time or entertain.
- Social life. Chatbots give the possibility people to avoid loneliness and talk with them in every situation and time, without laughing or judging.
According to Gartner, by 2020, over 85% of customer interactions will be handled without a human. As a result, chatterbots are a perspective and beneficial opportunity for your business.
How can We Help You?
SolbegSoft has the experience with Azure Bot Services, as the tool for the automation of the Customer Support process. Support center allows getting SMS, MMS and Voice messages via Bandwidth API platform, and displaying those to Microsoft Active Directory User in the format of chats in the Microsoft Teams Applications, as well as in Skype, Slack and Facebook Messenger. Azure Cognitive Services provide intelligent recommendations, semantic search, process natural language, evaluate sentiment of the client messages and produce the reports which display the level of clients’ satisfaction with an Agent.
Our team has working experience with building a retail chatbot with IBM Watson.
In case of any questions feel free to contact our specialists.